Monday 30 October 2017

Christmas Card Club - Sentiment as the focal point

Sylvie at Gibmiss blog chose the theme of The Sentiment As The Focal Point, for this fortnight's  Christmas Card challenge. If anyone is interested in joining our challenge group, drop me an email.  You can view the other club members cards if you follow the hyperlinks on my right sidebar.

My Recollections 290140 sentiment stamp is my NBUS item today. I have had this stamp for quite a while and have been looking forward to trying it out. I was not disappointed. I stamped with Tsukineko Brilliance white ink and heat set it with my heat gun.


I painted over the holly leaves with some Yasutomo colours. They are little pots of shimmery colours that you just whirl a damp paintbrush through and then colour with it. I do not know what oher name they are called... A few red teensy diamonds for the holly berries and outer corners and sentiment image was done!

I matted with a snippet of red Echo Park, This and That DP and then matted again with a green snippet of My Minds Eye, 12 Days of Christmas   DP.

I wish I had matted the black sentiment rectangle with a piece of green card so it would stand out more against the red DP,  but chose instead to keep the layers down for postage weight. Wish I had followed my first instinct!.

20 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

I love chalkboard messages Maureen so I love your card. The red gems really make it pop. Hugs Christine x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Maureen, I love the sentiment stamp you've used and the touch of green and red for the holly. Great papers too.

Sue xx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous Christmas card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sandra H said...

Your card is amazing as it is Mo so need need to of added the green it's perfect xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi there Maureen, lovely card love the colours and that big sentiment, perfect for the challenge, Kate x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I'm late on parade this time sorry. I love the blackboard designs, very popular right now. this is gorgeous.
Lorraine

Chris said...

It's a lovely stamp and I love the chalkboard effect. A beautiful clean design, matted onto the traditional colours of DP. The tiny gems add a festive touch and catch the eye, it's great that it's 'post friendly' too, a very important consideration!
Chris
x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Mo xoxo

Claire said...

Its a great stamp as a focal point and it looks like its a blackboard, reminds me of pub menus if you know what I mean... its fab with its striking design x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card design!

Jean said...

This is a fabulous sentiment stamp and I love the card you have made with it.
Jean x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's so lovely and has a darling retro feel, I think! The sentiment looks amazing so big and with the sparkling little red berries!!

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Maureen, such a fabulous sentiment - a perfect focal point.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the chalkboard look of the sentiment!! The red gems are a beautiful touch!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

LesleyG said...

Love that sentiment and your card, and am in awe that you have a fortnightly challenge as well as RD, AND that you get round to comment on them all! Happy RD (belated!) xxx

Zoe Tant said...

Love the chalkboard effect Mo with the pops of sparkly red berries. Lovely card. xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW that chalkboard look is so stylish and love the huge beautiful sentiment...a showstopper!!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Cara said...

Wow, love the chalkboard effect on this great card x

Greta said...

Oh wow--one of my favorite cards, Maureen! Just beautiful!

Greta said...

Absolutely love this card, Maureen! The white Brilliance ink is perfect to get the blackboard look on black cardstock! I might even try that--thanks for the inspiration! Personally, I think the black on that wonderful red DP looks great!